Position Title: Competitive Tennis Administrative Assistant
Department: Competitive Division
Reports to: Director of Competitive Tennis
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
A. Purpose of Position:
To assist the Competitive Department to attain quality and consistency in USTA Florida competitive programs. Primarily working with junior and adult sanctioned tournaments in supporting the USTA Florida Competitive staff to efficiently monitor such events.
B. Major Duties:
1. Work with Youth Pathway administration staff in the tracking of ROGY/L9 and L8 participation for the youth tennis earned advancement documentation.
a.Track and process the players in the earned advancement system and communicate with the providers of the ROGY/L9 & 8 which players are eligible.
b.Assist with the education process of the Youth Pathway system as directed
c.Be proficient in Microsoft Office products; especially Excel to track the Youth Pathway participants.
2. Assist as necessary with the administration of tournament director and provider workshops.
a.Assist with compiling print and digital material for attendees
b.Assist with communicating with attendees and sites as necessary
3. Assist in the sanctioning process of the USTA Florida tournaments.
a.Assist in compiling participation statistics in previous year’s sanctioned tournaments and other pertinent information needed to select tournaments for the schedule.
b.Assist in gathering information from submitted sanction applications to present to Sanction and Scheduling Committee and staff; i.e. Tournament Director Quiz results, compile bid forms, etc..
c.Assist in tracking surveys of tournaments when needed
d.Update the Tennis Link information for approved sanctioned tournaments to publish the approved tournaments.
4. Staff liaison to Adult and Junior competitive councils.
5. Be proficient on all Tennis Link systems needed by Competitive department. Includes the Tournament Data Manager (TDM), and Online Sanctioning (OLS), and the TennisLink Ranking Program. Maintain a close working relationship with TennisLink.
6. Assist in all areas as needed and attend the USTA Florida Section meetings.
C. Organizational Relationships
- Coordinator of Competitive Education
- Director of Competitive Tennis
- Executive Director & Associate Director
- USTA Florida Staff & Board of Directors
- USTA membership of Florida
- Public/private tennis facilities
- Tournament directors and staff for all sanctioned events
- Link Team Staff and TennisLink systems
D. Supervisory Responsibility: No responsibility
E. Travel Demands:
- Attend meetings of the Adult & Junior Competitive Committee, Adult & Junior Sanction & Schedule Committee
- Training workshops/conferences and other planned meetings
- Regional, Sectional and/or National meetings/events as needed or required
H. Skill Sets
a. Strong academic background.
b. Outstanding administrative skills and organizational skills.
c. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
d. High energy and enthusiasm with a desire to initiate and promote programs.
e. Office and clerical experience with high degree of computer skills with Microsoft Office products; i.e. Excel
f. Ability to work well with others and be self-motivated.
g. Must be able to travel, work weekends and extra hours, and work out of Florida Section office in Daytona Beach.
a. Baccalaureate degree or related experience
b. Knowledge Tennis Link Systems
c. Administrative and organizational skills in event or program management
d. Background in some aspect of tennis.
e. Media and public relations experience.